Ultimate Practice Test

Ask your questions about Kaplan products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Ultimate Practice Test

by jaybrium » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:16 am
Kaplan,

I plan on taking the GMAT either Nov. 29th or 30th. I'm about a month into the Kaplan Premier Online program and plan on taking practice CAT 2 this Sunday, Sept. 7th.

Assuming any date is available, what would be the best date to schedule my UPT?

And just to double-check, CAT 5 is the UPT, right?

Thanks,

- Jay
- Jay

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:2 members

Ultimate Practice Test

by Jen Kedro » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:07 am
Hi Jay,

Congrats on making progress on your GMAT Premium Online course thus far. The Ultimate Practice Test is definitely a great way to get a dry run of what test day will feel like, since it is at a Pearson GMAT testing center.

Most students find it most helpful to schedule the Ultimate Practice Test as one of their final CATs that they take (we currently have 9 including the Ultimate Practice Test, and CAT 5 is no longer the same as the UPT). So I would suggest taking it within 2-4 weeks of your test date as a realistic dry run.

Be sure that you thoroughly review all the CATs you take, including the Ultimate Practice Test (you can review your results at home through your online resources) to learn from your mistakes and see where your strengths and weaknesses are. This is one of the best ways to learn and make progress.

Let us know if you have any further questions, and good luck on your prep!
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by owlie » Sat Apr 04, 2009 1:49 pm
I have a related question about the Ultimate Practice test. I just took it today. How can I view my results? The test did not show my score at the testing center. The proctors said Kaplan sends the results by mail in 30 days. Is there any way I can get the results sooner?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:33 am
owlie wrote:I have a related question about the Ultimate Practice test. I just took it today. How can I view my results? The test did not show my score at the testing center. The proctors said Kaplan sends the results by mail in 30 days. Is there any way I can get the results sooner?
Hi Owlie,

sorry for the slow reply - I just got back from vacation.

You view the UPT results the same as you would any other Kaplan CAT - through Smart Reports on your home page. I'm not sure why the proctor said we send it by mail in 30 days - the UPT is linked directly into our system and most students see the results as soon as they get home from the Test Centre, or by the next day at the very latest.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by Chick » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:12 pm
Does anyone know if it were possible to take the Ultimate Practice Test if one is not signed up for a Kaplan class?

I think it would help me significantly but I don't have time to purchase a Kaplan class as my test is in about a week and a half. I've called the local Kaplan center and they told me that I can only take it if I am a part of their class. Would really like to purchase this product separately.

Thanks!

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:41 pm
Chick wrote:Does anyone know if it were possible to take the Ultimate Practice Test if one is not signed up for a <a href="https://bit.ly/kaplan-btg">Kaplan</a> class?

I think it would help me significantly but I don't have time to purchase a <a href="https://bit.ly/kaplan-btg">Kaplan</a> class as my test is in about a week and a half. I've called the local <a href="https://bit.ly/kaplan-btg">Kaplan</a> center and they told me that I can only take it if I am a part of their class. Would really like to purchase this product separately.

Thanks!
Hi Chick,

right now the Ultimate Practice Test is only available to enrolled Kaplan students; I doubt there's any plan to change that in the future.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course

by Chick » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:47 pm
Hi Stuart,

Thanks for your response. That's really too bad as I'd be happy to purchase this product.

Kaplan also told me that I can try to contact Pearson to see if they would allow me to take the test. Then Pearson told me that they can only schedule the Ultimate Practice Test if my name is on Kaplan's student list.

The Kaplan representative couldn't sell this product to me but said that the product is c. $100 if purchased individually. This is a bit confusing given that pricing shouldn't be available if the product isn't sold separately.

Thanks.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:62 members

by KapTeacherEli » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:34 pm
Hi Chick,

Kaplan offers a free repeat course to any of our students who feel they are not ready to take the real GMAT and want more time to prep. That free course does not include a second UPT, but they can add another Pearson test for $100 (where the price comes from).

The reason that you can't purchase the UPT separately is that the UPT isn't its own test--you're taking one of the Kaplan CATs included with the Kaplan course. Without registering for one of our classroom or online services, there would be no test for you to take even if we got you into the test center!

Let me know if I can answer any more questions!
Eli Meyer
Kaplan GMAT Teacher
Cambridge, MA
www.kaptest.com/gmat

ImageImageImage

by Chick » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm
Eli,

Thanks for your response. It appears there is no way to get some extra practice at the test center before the test unless one enrols purchases a Kaplan class or online package. It's unfortunate as I am sure many people would be willing to pay for this service.

Many thanks,
C