I beat the GMAT....660!!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

I beat the GMAT....660!!!

by oldgmater » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:05 am
Hi All,
I took the GMAT this past Saturday and scored a 660. It's not really a "beat the GMAT" kind of score but its a hell of alot better than I was expecting to do since I was getting in the high 500's and low 600's on all of my practice CATs (about 10 in all). Plus, I took this exam 12 years ago and got a 550 so I consider this a personal record.

I wasn't shooting for the stars, but I did want to do well on it. My 550 score 12 years ago got me into a 2nd tier MBA program, and for the past 10 years I've had a great career. Hell, before the MBA I was working in a factory making $8/hour, so I'm not complaining. I just wish I had gotten a 660 all those years ago. I could have gone to a top 20 school. Anyway, I'm 36 years old and looking at the prospect of going back to school for an MS in Real Estate.

I'd like to thank everyone on here for all of your advice. I had been a lurker for the past few months and didn't contribute anything, but I enjoyed reading everyone's posts and learning from all of you.

I'm putting together my personal statements now so I'll be sure to check back.
Thanks again!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by TRANGZON » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:38 pm
Congratulation!! :D