Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by StPats0203 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:09 pm
Hi,

I am seriously considering to apply for an MBA programme in Europe.

I am italian, 29 y.o. with 4 years of experience (3 years in PwC in Milan, Italy and 1 year in Ernst & Young in Luxembourg).

I hold a first class honours degree (110/110 cum laude) Master degree in Business and Economics at the University of Siena, Italy. I was a visiting student for 1 academic year at the University of Reading (UK) as I was awarded an Eramsmus scholarship (European exchange programme).
Before my last year at the university I spent 2 months in Brighton (UK) for a summer intership in a charity company. I was not paid and share the volunteer experience.

During tmy studies I also was part of the Erasmus group of my university. Our group helps visiting students coming in Italy to find an house or to settle in the city and the university. One year I was also the section representative for the Annual General Meeting which is organized annually by the Erasmus Student Network with the funds of the European Commission (I wnet in Poland in 2005).

I am a teamplayer in my present role, leading small teams for the audits and very sociable. I have been always focus on international enviroments and diversity as I believe I can gain a lot from different culture from different parts of the world.

I am studying for the GMAT (GMAT Prep 1 650)

I would like to apply for 3-5 Top 20s Business School in Europe (LBS, INSEAD, IE, ESADE).

How do you evaluate my Profle?

Thank you in advance.

Regards

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:04 am
Hello,

You have a lot of strengths, including academics and extracurricular involvements. I'm not sure from your description how much leadership and advancement you've had at work, which would be a factor for the top programs, which want to see someone who has excelled among talented, capable peers. A 650-range GMAT would be slightly low for the most competitive programs like LBS, Insead, though your strong academics do in part counteract this impression.

If you have demonstrated excellent work performance and credible, compelling goals, then with the info provided I believe that schools such as LBS and Insead would be reaches, but reasonable ones (with absolutely great applications), and IE and ISADE would be between on-par and reasonable reach.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com