Heres my take 730 v41 q48

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:730

Heres my take 730 v41 q48

by jewbagel » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:14 pm
I wanted to post here in order to possibly help out the community i think was so helpful to me.

I have been lurking these forums for the last 2 months as i prepared for the gmat, took it, and then prepared again and took it again. This site has been a great resource for me and i thank you all for your help.

My two cents:

buy a manhattan gmat guide....just so you have access to their cat exams...take all of em....take all of em again..
download powerprep.....take the 2 cats...take them again.
Download gmat prep...take the 2 cats...take em again....take em again.

This was my strategy...take test after test until i started getting the scores i wanted. The trend i saw was that i got about 20 points lower on the actual test then i did on the gmatprep software.

Hope this helps you guys...

Thanks

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by rohan_vus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:36 pm
Congratulations on cracking a great score! .. can you share how actual Verbal and Quant turned out for you in comparison to other prep tests ( GMATPrep in particular ) .

Would appreciate your views

Cheers !

by jewbagel » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:40 pm
Well gmat prep scores were pretty close to my actual scores....i usually score around 44ish on verbal and i was scoring 48ish on the quant. I think the reason for my 41v score is my concentration really started to drift towards the second half of the test. You can expect around a 20 point drop from the gmatprep to the actual gmat

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by bvn » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:11 pm
jewbagel wrote:Well gmat prep scores were pretty close to my actual scores....i usually score around 44ish on verbal and i was scoring 48ish on the quant. I think the reason for my 41v score is my concentration really started to drift towards the second half of the test. You can expect around a 20 point drop from the gmatprep to the actual gmat
How about the overlapping questions on GMAT Prep. It overestimate your score don't you?

by jewbagel » Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:18 pm
there were some question which i had seen before....but most of them seemed to be new, even though i had taken it several times. I think this may have raised my score a little bit, however, i think the real gmat is a little bit harder then the gmatprep.