Got a 700, 50Q35V, should I apply to B-school or retake??

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
20yr old needing words of wisdom!!!!

This was my second time taking the GMAT. I got a 670 first time around. Im happy I got a 700 but im worried it isnt good enough for the Masters in Finance programs I want to apply to.

I wanted to apply to MIT, Princeton and LSE.

Last time I checked the average GMAT results for admitted students at these unis was around 690-700. Any thoughts on this data?!?

I'd really really appreciate any feed back from anybody!!!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by uzzy724 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:13 pm
Hi everybody,

I thought it would be wise to add some additional information!!

I'm a final year undergraduate student studing BSc Mathematics at University College London (UCL) and planning to apply to LSE, Princeton and MIT to their Masters in finance programs.

I have one internship at a small investment bank in Dubai and I am a part-time mathematics tutor. I'm only 20 years of age so my work experiences are limited

I do various extra curricular activities, probably my most outstanding acheivement would be that i'v played cricket at an international level.

My A level grades were 'A' maths, 'A' further maths, 'B' economics and 'B' Biology. I'm currently achieving a high second class degree 69% and am on course to acheive a first class degree. That probably would be translated as a 3.5-4.0 GPA

I recently took my GMAT and got a 700 50Q/35V and (5.0 for AWA from my previous GMAT).

I'd really appreciate any feed back from current M.Fin students, prospective students and consultants.

Some of the questions on my mind are:

How gd is my GMAT score?
Do I need more work experience?
What are my chances of getting in so far?

Thanks alot for reading my post, hope to hear back from all of you soon !!

USMAN