My First Issue analysis..Please rate

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

My First Issue analysis..Please rate

by getso » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:08 am
Hello,

This is first Issue analysis. Kindly rate and let me your inputs for improvements.

Topic:
The best teachers are those whose classes include large amount of discussion between students and teachers.

Discussion is one of the best ways of making the teaching intresting.If a teacher is able to invoke a discussion in his/her classrooms then I would for sure rate the teacher as the best.

Firstly, In my opinion a monologue teaching in which teacher is making all the talks and students are meant only to listen makes the classroom a bastion of banal lecutres. Students might not really be focused on topics that is taught and might loose his/her intrest over the period of time where as teaching that involves discussion on the other end ensures all the students are actively involved in the topic that is discussed or taught. As teacher engages more and more students in discussions, focus becomes crucial and subjects get intresting.
I would like to cite example of my history teacher here.She made the subject very intresting through discussions,plays and chased away the my apprehension that it was too difficut to remember so many events, names,dates and so on.

Secondly, Discussion among the teachers and students instigates within the students , the ability to express his/her opinion on the topics discussed. Such discussions also improves a students communication as well as reasoning skills.Discussion also ensures most of the students in the classroom are involved as teachers ensures all teh students actively participate in disuccions unlike the monologue teaching where only few students might be attentive.In this way the teacher ensures that subject is learnt by most of the students.

Thirdly teachers who engage their students in active discussion will have done enough studies to answer queries put up by the students in the process of discussions. This gives an opportunity for students to get an insight of topics outside of their regular syallabus.

However, few may argue that classroom is not about discussing but listening and understanding what is taught.This may be true for people who believe that education is all about scoring good on progress report in various subject. But, I believe in the statement that teachers whose classroom involves discussion among students and teachers are the best for the fact that curriculum is not all about writing exams and getting good score. Educational instutions serves its best when it can build a questioning and reasoning ability within individual. Such abilities can be inbuilt in a student through active participation in disuccsions and only a abled teacher can do this.

To Conclude, Disucssion is one of the effective teaching approach and a best teachers are those who can include large amount of discussion between teachers and students.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by antest07 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:19 pm
Your essay got all the elements of good essays: Clearly and concisely expressed ideas, wide range of vocabulary and grammar accuracy. I would give you a 5, but you should aware the following problems to secure such score:
1) Try to spell all words correctly. Misspelled words give bad impressions to markers.
2) Try to quote 1 example per paragraph to support your arguments.
3) Avoid careless mistakes e.g. [a best teachers are those who can include large amount of discussion between teachers and students.] ==> [the best teachers are those who can include large amount of discussion between teachers and students.

Good luck
GMAT: 600 (V27 Q45) AWA5
I want to revenge!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:630

by raghavakumar85 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 3:09 am
Firstly and Secondly are wrong. Otherwise the essay is good. >4.5

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by getso » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:28 am
Thanks for your feedback.

I shall improve on my weak areas.