J Molson vs Sauder School of Business???

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

J Molson vs Sauder School of Business???

by Padre » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:52 pm
Hey guys!! I have a gmat score and a profile that will definitely fetch me an acceptance letter from J Molson and Sauder. But I do not know which to choose and which is the best among them! Kindly help me out on this conundrum!! Please do give detailed explanations behind your counsel. Thanks.. God bless u guys!!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:48 am
This may sound like a cop-out, but the best b-school is the one which fits you best. Visit your target schools and take a critical look at culture, student interaction, access to professors, instruction method and general feel. You will likely learn the appropriate business skills no matter where you go, but the school you choose will be with you for life, so ask yourself where you will be most comfortable learning for two years and where you will be most pleased to have gone 30 years from now when you are still utilizing the network you will build while in school.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by AdamSkoreyko » Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:05 am
Where do you plan on working once you are done your MBA? With most Canadian MBA's I think it is important that you go to a school in the community you plan on establishing yourself in.

I mean if you are from Mtl and intend to work there after graduation, attending UBC would really limit your networking and your alumni network would not be nearly as effective. One of the biggest benefits of doing your MBA is building that all important network with your fellow classmates as well as in the business community through various recruitment functions held at the school. If you are at UBC there is going to probably be fewer recruiting firms from Mtl there then at JMSB. A MBA in my opinion is more about the qualitative benefits (networking) than quantitative benefits (hard skills) you would learn in programs that are of the same caliber.

I really believe that JMSB and Sauder would be about equally well received at a firm in Toronto (if you were planning on living in a city unrelated to either school).

I hope some of this helped.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by Padre » Mon Dec 28, 2009 9:01 am
I am an Indian actually.I am planning to go to Montreal because I have my relatives over there! I guess then Montreal should be the venue!