How is my situation ??

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

How is my situation ??

by gmat550 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:46 pm
Hello BEATTHEGMAT,

First of all, let me thank you all for this EXCELLENT resource (beatthegmat.com) for any test taker. Really it benefited me.

I have just taken the GMAT today and scored 570(Q49/V20). I scored 83 in TOEFL/iBT. My bachelors degree is computer engineering GPA 3.62. I had six months experience abroad in UK working with an infrastructure company. I had some experience in my country too for around another six months, so you can say I had one year experience in my profession in a specially training program that is excellent for engineers for one year that helps us work better in the private sector. Also, studying business is my dream and the MBA attracts many professionals worldwide and I would like to have a PhD degree from US to teach in my country.

I actually look forward to having admission in one of the regular level universities, e.g., Syracuse University, in US but I have little information about sorting this out especially there are certain deadlines for each school.

I have to sort the admission soon to guarantee a scholarship by my country's university. I am not sure in what discipline I am going to continue.

How is my chance of getting admission soon?!

Any help is highly appreciated!