got a 680- is that enough for a PHd

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

got a 680- is that enough for a PHd

by palgupt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:56 am
Hi All,

been a silent follower of this forum for some time and have to thank the entire team for the excellent work!! Its been great support along!!

Just finished my exam a few hours ago and scored 680 (not what I was hoping for (43 Q 40 V) but this was my second and last attempt!!

Just wanted to hear from anyone on their experience for Phd admissions. Do you think this is a good enough score to get into an LBS in London or INSEAD in Paris or Singapore for a Phd?

THanks in advance!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:42 am
I cannot speak for those schools specifically, but it is in general very competitive for PhD applicants, as there are precious few spots open right now thanks to global budget cuts at top universities. The good news is, that while the GMAT is important, your prior academic record is usually far more critical than your test score when being considered for a PhD program. Good luck and hope this helps.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

thnx

by palgupt » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:57 am
Thanks ! with about 8 yrs of work exp i think it sometimes is a disadvantage rather than an advantage. But the reassurance on the score does ease my mind to some extent!!