Not sure if I beat the GMAT: 690 (Q46/V39)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Not sure if I beat the GMAT: 690 (Q46/V39)

by gmatgirl12 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:49 am
I took the GMAT this morning and scored a 690 (Q46/V39). I was aiming for a score above 700, so needless to say I was a bit disappointed. However, I'm trying to look at the bright side of things.. I took the GMAT about a year ago and scored a 550. Relative to my previous score, I improved quite a bit. I'm looking to apply to part time programs at a few top 15 schools. Do you think this score will hold me back from admission?

Lastly, I'd like to thank this great community for all of the help and insight. It is really awesome to see how someone else would solve difficult problems and that really helped me a lot. All of the advice regarding prep materials was also awesome. Thanks BTG!

Just got my AWA score: 6!!
Last edited by gmatgirl12 on Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:760

by GMATBootcamp » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:36 pm
congratulations on the score!

140 points is a huge score improvement! With a good app, I think you would be competitive at a lot of programs.
Paul

Focused GMAT Preparation
www.thegmatbootcamp.com

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by samsachd » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:43 pm
Hi,

Congrats on your gr8 score.You truely deserve a standing ovation for the climb you achived in your second attempt.Your score is very competitive and respectful one and you need not worry and just apply for top 15 schools straight away with good app.

BTW i share the same story as yours other then i attemted just once.Here is the debrief:

https://www.beatthegmat.com/hoping-again ... 47321.html

I scored partly 510 in my test last week inspite of the efforts i put in for mountain 5months.
Nevertheless i am preparing once again.But i need advice from ppl in this forum.
And you are a gr8 example of this.Kindly give me your advice on how you prepared for second time and what difference you made.How much time is required and is private coaching neccessary.All the inpurs will be valuable.
Congrats again for your score :)