700, done and done...

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

700, done and done...

by Octavius » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:11 am
This is actually my first post in these forums. But I have been looking through these forums and your posts for weeks now and with your help I got a 700 on the GMAT yesterday. Which was exactly my goal. Thanks everyone.

The Manhattan GMAT practice test scores seemed to be accurate.
I took test #5 and #6 just days before the actual test and got a 690 and a 710. I took the 2nd GMAT prep 2 days before and got a 700.

On the actual test, the Quant portion seemed harder than anything that I had seen in my preparation, but that might have just been all the pressure I was feeling.

But I can't complain about my result.
Thanks again everyone!!! :D

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by rohan_vus » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:26 am
Hey Congrats on beating the GMAT.

Can you post your break-up for Quant & Verbal ?

Cheers !

by Octavius » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:31 am
Sure,

Quant 47 78 percentile
Verb 40 89 percentile

I personally thought I did better on the Verbal than the Math, and according to percentiles I guess I did

by rohan_vus » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:47 am
Great !

You have good verbal score

So did the Manhtattan Verbal help you to any extent for actual GMAT verbal?

How did you find the actual GMAT verbal with respect to your practice tests in terms of difficulty , etc?

Would appreciate if you can share this info as well

Cheers !

by Octavius » Sat Oct 31, 2009 8:37 am
I thought that the GMAT Prep and the Manhattan Verbal were pretty close to the actual test. I think both give you a very accurate picture of what is on the test.

The Manhattan verbal did prepare me some for the actual test. Especially their sentence correction book. But the CR and RC stuff I never really looked at. I didn't feel that Manhattan offered anything I couldn't get in the OG on those two topics.

But honestly, about 80% of my studying was on the Quant, 15% on sentence correction and I just dabbled with the other two a little so I may not be the best to ask about the CR and RC sections anyway.

Good luck with your test, when do you take it?

by rohan_vus » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:04 am
No plans on test date as of yet !.. need to chalk outvarious stuffs at my end. .nevertheless , of late i have been visiting BTG quite often during free time and importantly try to absorb tips from gmat beaters like you :)

But certainly , trying to practice in the meantime

by Octavius » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:33 am
Well I think that manhattan GMAT is a great prep program... Good luck.