Can I make it to first 20 UK business schools?

Launched June 18, 2009
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

I recently wrote GMAT and scored 610 (Q = 48, V =26, AWA = 5), I know I did terrible in Verbal.

I have total of 3 years of work experience in top MNC's.

I want to apply for MBA programme for 2010 in UK business schools as there the course is for 1 year.

Considering that I have a modest profile, I would like to know whether I would be able to make it to first 20 MBA schools in UK?

As per my research I have shortlisted few schools for my profile, Pleas suggest.

1) Lancaster
2) Warwick
3) Edinburgh
4) Leeds
5) Strathclyde
6) Durham
7) Nottingham

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:9 members

by mbaMissionJessica » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:39 pm
Hi, and thank you for your post. Unfortunately I don't believe I can be of much help. I am familiar with a few of the top Euopean schools, but do not have the depth of knowledge to address 20 schools in the UK. In general European schools are fairly GMAT-focused, but that is a very general rule that really won't offer much guidance. I would advise looking at the average GMAT scores for the schools you're interested in and focusing on those where your GMAT fits in their middle 80%, and then on strengthening the rest of your profile.

Good luck.
Jessica Shklar
Senior Consultant
mbaMission (www.mbamission.com)
646-485-8844

Sign up for a free consultation with mbaMission, the only admissions consulting firm that leading GMAT prep companies, ManhattanGMAT and Kaplan, recommend.
www.mbamission.com/consult.php