awful...720

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

awful...720

by devesh » Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:05 am
my one of the worst testing experience.
Scored 720 M51 V36. :(
Still cannot believe i got V36(my lowest ever.)
my last test scores were
GMAT Prep 1- 690 (just started prep)
GMAT prep 2 - 750 (mid way)
GMAT Prep 2 - 780 (weekend before GMAT few repeats)
MCAT 6- 780 (2 days ago.. )

I targeted 750-760 but all efforts are in vain.

I was tired not having slept well. Argument and Issue were even more tiring.(could not proofread the issue)

Quant was my strength and i knew that i would score 51 Q no matter what. (still my efficiency in Q was lower than usual. I finished barely 5 min before as against my normal 15 min finish before time.)

I think i lost my nerve in verbal. I got BF que early on but my concentration just dipped and then i got a RC which i could not comprehend at all. Wasted my time there, ending up guessing all Q in passage. My confidence dipped and I got a tough CR. Then my head went blank. That was enough to destroy the section and the GMAT for me. I thought of cancelling the test but did not dare enough to do so.

I am shocked and confused right now.

I definitely want to retake as i think (750 is gettable for me).

but running out of time as R1 is close and i do want to apply in R1 to some of top 15 schools.

Re: awful...720

by Sadowski » Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:28 pm
devesh wrote:my one of the worst testing experience.
Scored 720 M51 V36. :(
Still cannot believe i got V36(my lowest ever.)
my last test scores were
GMAT Prep 1- 690 (just started prep)
GMAT prep 2 - 750 (mid way)
GMAT Prep 2 - 780 (weekend before GMAT few repeats)
MCAT 6- 780 (2 days ago.. )

I targeted 750-760 but all efforts are in vain.

I was tired not having slept well. Argument and Issue were even more tiring.(could not proofread the issue)

Quant was my strength and i knew that i would score 51 Q no matter what. (still my efficiency in Q was lower than usual. I finished barely 5 min before as against my normal 15 min finish before time.)

I think i lost my nerve in verbal. I got BF que early on but my concentration just dipped and then i got a RC which i could not comprehend at all. Wasted my time there, ending up guessing all Q in passage. My confidence dipped and I got a tough CR. Then my head went blank. That was enough to destroy the section and the GMAT for me. I thought of cancelling the test but did not dare enough to do so.

I am shocked and confused right now.

I definitely want to retake as i think (750 is gettable for me).

but running out of time as R1 is close and i do want to apply in R1 to some of top 15 schools.
Remember to keep a little perspective in this process. A 720 is an awesome score. It puts you at or above the average score of any school out there and will make the GMAT aspect of your application a non-concern to the admissions committee. You should not overlook the amount of work and time that needs to be put into your essays and packages for your recommenders.

Just something to consider...

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:01 pm
I second Sadowski's comments--a 720 is a great score!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by devesh » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:09 am
thanx for the advice. :)

i have decided to focus on app right now.(although plan to give Gmat later when i have time to invest in it. it would help me in scholarships also.)

i would give sincere thanks to this forum for helping me in my Prep.

Special thanx to MGMAT for those free tests and helpful advice.

Its time for me to give back to this forum so i will definitely reply the queries posted here (especially in Math where i think i can be of good help; i hardly posted in math section during my GMAT maybe its time now)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:29 am
devesh wrote:thanx for the advice. :)

i have decided to focus on app right now.(although plan to give Gmat later when i have time to invest in it. it would help me in scholarships also.)

i would give sincere thanks to this forum for helping me in my Prep.

Special thanx to MGMAT for those free tests and helpful advice.

Its time for me to give back to this forum so i will definitely reply the queries posted here (especially in Math where i think i can be of good help; i hardly posted in math section during my GMAT maybe its time now)
Wise decision. :)

And we certainly welcome your help and expertise!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school