Profile Evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Profile Evaluation

by sharad2833 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:38 am
Hi ,

Please evaluate my profile and suggest me what are the reach, dream and safe schools for me.

Here is my profile:

GMAT:
VA : 42/92
QA: 51/99
OverAll : 760/99
AWA : 3.5/13

Acads:
CPI : 7.61/10 - It is same as percentage and is not relative grading
X/XII : 78% and 77% respectively

Extra Curricular:
1. Cricket captain at school level for 2 years
2. Organizer of Fashion Show in college for 2 years - Not one of the many organizers but the ONE. Had lots of leaderships experience driving that event
3. One of the many organizers in other cultural fests at college
4. Have worked for NGO. Association with NGO is long but I didnt really get a chance to work on a consistent basis.. No supporting documents : only mails from NGO

Languages:
Hindi,English and Spanish (Basic)

Work Exp:
1. 3 years 2 months as of now ; Software Engineer in Semiconductor Industry. Company revenue > $4 billion
2. Drive a high impact project and is have consistent discussions with teams across the globe (US,Taiwan,China)
3. No one directly reports to me but I have guided people and have been fully responsible for their work

Interests:
1. Philosophy
2. Reading
3. History

Post Mba goals:
To be in Software Product Management and want to do MBA in Strategy.

Target Schools:
1. INSEAD
2. RSM
3. IE Spain
4. Sloan, MIT
5. Booth
6. UCLA
7. Tepper
8. Haas
9. SDA Bocconi

Thanks

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:14 pm
Hello,

Your strengths are numerous - strong numbers (thankfully given your demographic and industry group), rapid career advancement (at least so it seems), very active in extracurricular in college, apparent leadership. Some challenges/weaknesses are Indian IT demographic, lack of business exposure (apparent), less than exciting extracurriculars post-college. Also rather young. These weaknesses are relative and would not be deal killers with a great application

If you can develop a compelling "story" or message in your application, part of which MUST include focused and credible goals and a convincing case for why you need the MBA now, I believe you could apply to any schools on your list. Some would be reasonable reaches, e.g., Booth, MIT, Insead; some would be closer to on-pars, e.g., IE, Tepper; and RSM could probably be considered a safety.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com