How about B-Schools in South American Countries ?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi Experts,

I have been short listing Business shools based on Tuition Fees and Scholarship availability. I am open to any region provided they are ready to offer me scholarship during my studies and the region must have good job oppurtunies post my studies.

I have come across some Universities in Latin American Countries especially universities in Argentina and Chile ? Does any one have idea about the B Schools in this region ? As an Indian, will it be advantageous for me ?

Regards,
Kalyan.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:10 am
Hi and thanks for your question. I must admit that this is the first time I have heard it!

As it happens, there are a handful of reputable business schools in Latin America, with ITESM in Monterey being the best, I think. On the whole, though, I think you will find a very significant drop down in prestige, experience, and education as soon as you go South of the US (that is to say, there are some very very good business schools in Canada).

As it happens, you get many many folks from Latin America that want to go to a top business school coming to the US and very few staying in Latin America.

In terms of your question about whether a degree from one of those programs would help you...that's really hard to say, but my gut is that they won't be real helpful. I mean, you will learn some basics, for sure, but I just don't think that a degree from CEMA in Buenos Aires or something similar is going to carry much weight.
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Thanks!!

by kalyankumar.new » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:23 pm
Thanks Paxton Helms for Your response..

Regards,
Kalyan.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Sat Aug 15, 2009 12:14 am
De nada.