Plz Evaluate My Profile...GMAT 660

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Plz Evaluate My Profile...GMAT 660

by yaramada123 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:27 pm
I wrote GMAT and got a score of 660.... although i know this is not the good score ... i want to knw the chances of getting into good school.

Here goes a brief profile summary of mine

GMAT Score ( Aug 2009)

Total - 660
QA - 49
VA - 31
AWA - Still Awaiting

Graduation Score:
----------------------------

BE ( Electrical & Electronics Engg) - 78.70 % ( with distinction )

12th Marks - 89.9 %

10th Marks - 86.0 %

Work Exp
---------------

Dec 2002 to Apr 2003 - Lecturer at an Engineering College

Apr 2003 to July 2004 - Software Engineer at Infosys Technologies Ltd

Aug 2004 to Till Date - Senior Software Engineer at CSC India Pvt Ltd, Hyderabad

Currently in US on a long term assignment as Onsite Coordinator leading a team of about 10 people. Been in US for close to 4 years manging teams at offshore(India) with daily tasks etc.,

Total Work Exp ( Close to 7 years with close to 4 years in USA)

I can get very very good recos from my managers at work and I have been managing teams of various sizes for the past 4 years.

Please let me know with this kind of profile, do i stand any chances of getting admission into Good B School in Aug/Sep 2010.If yes, then plz suggest few of the good B schools where i do stand a fair chance as per my profile.

Following is the list of few univ where i want to knw my chances of getting through with this profile ::

If you can tell me whether i do stand chances in following list of univ , then it would be a great help to me

1) Virginia, Darden, USA
2) Carnegie Mellon, USA
3) University of Texas, USA
4) Cornell University (Stern), USA
5) Kellog School of Business, USA
6) Nanyang University, Singapore
7) Yale University, USA
8) New York University (Stern), USA

If you can provide me the approx rough idea, that out of these where i do stand a chance then it would be great help to me in deciding to apply for next year fall season.

Also can you suggest few schools where I have a good chance of getting through, preferably in the top 30 list.

Your reply will be highly appreciated

Thanks and Regards,
Jagadeesh

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:25 am
Hello,

Your education is solid and your experience sounds great. However, I think that the 660 will be a limiting factor for the schools on your list excepting perhaps Nanyang and Texas (though they’d still be reaches).

You might consider schools in the range of USC/Marshall, University of Maryland/Smith, Notre Dame, Emory, Georgia Institute of Technology, Rochester/Simon. Consider possibly also Rotman and Ivey in Canada (also some Asian and European programs).

The reason is that the higher-ranked programs will have an overabundance of people with your demographic and industry background, most of whom have high scores, disadvantaging the 660. Whereas schools at the level I mentioned generally have fewer international applicants and you might represent more diversity for them.

Good luck. Your work experience shows you've got a lot to offer and I believe you can within the target range find excellent programs that will meet your needs.

Best regards,
Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yaramada123 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 1:39 pm
Hi Cindy, Thanks a lot for your reply. This information certainly helps. When I looked at the mid 80% GMAT scores for the unversities I listed, they were in the ranges from 640 to 740. I was hoping I might stand a chance with these unversities based on my expierience.