Hillary Rodham Clinton

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Hillary Rodham Clinton

by Mayur Sand » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:27 pm
In April 1997, Hillary Rodham Clinton hosted an all-day White House scientific conference on new findings that indicates a child’s acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as an active process that may be largely completed before age three.

A. that indicates a child’s acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as
B. that are indicative of a child acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as
C. to indicate that when a child acquires language, thinking, and emotional skills, that it is
D. indicating that a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is
E. indicative of a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills as

IMO A OA D

Followed by:1 members

by karmayogi » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:59 pm
What's the source?
Each soul is potentially divine. The goal is to manifest this divine within.
--By Swami Vivekananda

Legendary Member
Followed by:2 members

by tanviet » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:56 pm
D is correct

why A is wrong

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by [email protected] » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:27 pm
The subject is "new findings" which is plural and indicates is singular, hence we can't use A.
i am confused between D and E.

Followed by:1 members

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton

by perfectstranger » Sun Jul 26, 2009 2:52 am
Mayur Sand wrote:In April 1997, Hillary Rodham Clinton hosted an all-day White House scientific conference on new findings that indicates a child’s acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as an active process that may be largely completed before age three.

A. that indicates a child’s acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as
B. that are indicative of a child acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as
C. to indicate that when a child acquires language, thinking, and emotional skills, that it is
D. indicating that a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is
E. indicative of a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills as

IMO A OA D
I believe Ais the right answer since in D child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is must be are since the sbj is plural .
A, B and C are out because of paralelism

a child's 1) acquisiton of language
2) thinking (noun here)
and emotional skills .

If we use acquire we break the paralelism among three things.

This is my ex post (BLUE COLORED) . I've discovered that ;

The subject is acquisition

indicating that a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is an active process that

child's acquisition of
1) language
2)thinking
3) emotional skills

child's acquisition is an active process .
Please do not post answers visibly . Please hide them or post them later after the discussion.

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton

by cata1yst » Sun Jul 26, 2009 3:01 pm
perfectstranger wrote:
Mayur Sand wrote:In April 1997, Hillary Rodham Clinton hosted an all-day White House scientific conference on new findings that indicates a child’s acquiring language, thinking, and emotional skills as an active process that may be largely completed before age three.

IMO A OA D
I believe Ais the right answer since in D child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is must be are since the sbj is plural .
A, B and C are out because of paralelism

a child's 1) acquisiton of language
2) thinking (noun here)
and emotional skills .

If we use acquire we break the paralelism among three things.

This is my ex post (BLUE COLORED) . I've discovered that ;

The subject is acquisition

indicating that a child’s acquisition of language, thinking, and emotional skills is an active process that

child's acquisition of
1) language
2)thinking
3) emotional skills

child's acquisition is an active process .
A is wrong because "findings that indicates" is incorrect.

"findings" is being modified by "that" so you need the plural verb "indicate."