New GMAT - New Questions?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

New GMAT - New Questions?

by epony » Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:01 am
Hi all,

I recently talked to a GMAT prep school manager, and he told me that they've seen a lot of new questions in the past 9 months (since Pearson Vue took over the GMAT from ETS).

He even suggested that the best way to study these days is to get access (mostly via inetrnet forums) to reports of people who recently took the GMAT, and solve the questions that they quote there...

What do you think? is there anyone here who recently took the exam (say, in the past 6 months) and can comment on these claims?
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. (Frank Outlaw)

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: New GMAT - New Questions?

by beatthegmat » Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:52 pm
epony wrote:Hi all,

I recently talked to a GMAT prep school manager, and he told me that they've seen a lot of new questions in the past 9 months (since Pearson Vue took over the GMAT from ETS).

He even suggested that the best way to study these days is to get access (mostly via inetrnet forums) to reports of people who recently took the GMAT, and solve the questions that they quote there...

What do you think? is there anyone here who recently took the exam (say, in the past 6 months) and can comment on these claims?
Hm. I swould disagree with your GMAT prep person--the best way to prepare for the GMAT is to keep to a strong study strategy and practice a lot!

I really believe that the best resource for studying real GMAT questions is still the Official Guide for GMAT Review. You can definitely trust this book--you can't always trust the speculation you hear on the Internet.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Follow-up Q

by epony » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:02 pm
Thanks for your thoughts Eric.

I did buy both the Official Guide (11th Ed.) and the Official Verbal Review, but since I scored 710 on my first GMATPrep exam (Q48, V40), I thought that maybe something less traditional would better prepare me for the actual exam.
Watch your thoughts, they become words.
Watch your words, they become actions.
Watch your actions, they become habits.
Watch your habits, they become character.
Watch your character, it becomes your destiny. (Frank Outlaw)

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: New GMAT - New Questions?

by aim-wsc » Mon Sep 18, 2006 11:55 pm
epony wrote:Hi all,

I recently talked to a GMAT prep school manager, ................

it is a good way. but certainly not the best way to excel.
Your traditional GMAT material also makes wonder... there are many GMAT students who havent even heard of any GMAT forum!!!
(I dont know about the USA but yes in India it is less popular)

still forums is addictive and you have no take aways apart from the others strategies which in most of the cases dont suit you.

I am surprised to hear Honest opinion from the captain.
he runs the forum still he didnt give a biased opinion.
Great Captain Eric!!