admission chances to top mba programs

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

admission chances to top mba programs

by abhinav swarup » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:13 am
hi
Last edited by abhinav swarup on Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:81 members

by Stacey Oyler » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:54 pm
Hi Abhinav,

Thanks for your post. Please see my comments below.

Academically you are in good shape. Your 780 GMAT will go a long way in demonstrating you are prepared for bschools challenging curriculum.

As far as work experience goes your experience to date seems quite solid. In other words you are off to a good start. I encourage you to continue to seek out opportunities to demonstrate leadership as well as a chance to learn new skills and work in teams. Having solid examples in all of these areas will make writing your essays much easier.

You will certainly want to address the Management degree that you already have and why it wasn't enough to help you achieve your goals. Already having a degree in management could raise some red flags, so you will want to be open and honest about what you sought it in the first place and why you need an MBA to be successful going forward.

If you continue on your current path and continue to seek out new opportunities you should be in good shape to apply to bschool next year.

Best,

Stacey
Sign up for my MBA admissions course, featuring me and other Clear Admit experts, by visiting: https://www.udemy.com/business-school

Stacey Oyler
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.