HELP ME!!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

HELP ME!!!

by RobWhln3 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:05 am
Hi I just took the GMAT on Friday, and scored a poor 310..... The MBA program I've applied to requires a minimum 500. I have scheduled another exam (shelling out another $250) for Sept 7, class begins on Sept 10. If I don't get above a 500 this time I won't be able to participate in the program.

Some facts:

I have the exam prep from MBA.com
I also have the McGraw Hill GMA Prep 2008 Book.
I have 2 young children at home so I really didn't spend as much time as I should have on studying.

Anyone have any advice (other then study more) that's obvious.... Can I raise my score over 200 points in a few weeks? Is it feasible?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!! :cry: :lol:

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:15 pm
Dear RobWhin,
Welcome to the forums :)

You still have a month.
and that you already have registered for new date there's no point in discussing whether its feasible or not ;) lets not think about that...
give your best.

Check out my latest article on my blog https://jc-gmat.blocked/2007/08/str ... month.html
also check the article in my sign: "beginner's guide"

Some materials to read...they might help you.
Check out the GMAT wiki resourse section.

https://www.beatthegmat.com/wiki/doku.ph ... _resources

Keep us posted :)
all the best!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:5 members

Improve your moves for your test

by whodeani » Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:17 pm
Hey champ, my name is Dean and I was in a situation like yours. This is what you do. Buy the 5 math guides from Manhattan Gmat prep and know them inside out. These guides allow you to understand the questioning in, and the approach needed to answer the questions in the OG or any GMAT software.

For the verbal, buy two books from powerscore.com. These books are, Sentence correction bible, and critical reasoning bible. When you are finished with all those books, watch you score rise higher than you thought. The reason is, those books are very methodical with their explanation unlike many other well known companies that confuse the hell out of you.

Dean
"Your Focus will determine your life."

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

Re: Hi

by aim-wsc » Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:21 am
Dean wrote:I actually posted my notes for sentence correction and critical reasoning on the Beatthegmat site. Get to know them or buy the books I told you about.

What do you find is you area of trouble?
If you guys visit the forums regularly and participate actively then it's highly recommended for you to get registered! :)
Well, it'll take few moments.
(I am not saying this for boosting the members-count of the forums but I am suggesting it for everybody's good! )

It's easier for other members to track down your other posts if you're registered member.
Also it's more secure if you're registered, otherwise anyone can use your username as guest and post around (sounds scary na!! :o )