Plz rate my essays - 2

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Plz rate my essays - 2

by hopefully » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:59 pm
The best teachers are those whose classes include a large amount of discussion between teacher and students.

Discuss the extent to which you agree or disagree etc..

---------

The statement that more the discussion among the teacher ans students better is the teacher will find relevance but there are some considerations which are crucial while making such statements.

Primarily, the statement fails to address that discussion is possible only if the student is familiar of the topic and hence capable of putting up a healthy question. At times the subject taught is so new to students that they cannot saya anything in favor or in critic of the topic.How can one expect an army cadet to question his instructor on the usae of heavy weapons.In such situations the capcbility of the teacher solely contributes to his image.

Secondarily, a teacher can never be tagged as best for any one of his attributes. It takes many qualities to be a good teacher. One not only needs patience and indepth knowledge of the subject but also the capcbility to explain the topic and confidence to face the class. All of these are equally important traits required in a teacher and lacking any of these can result in poor outcome of the training.

Furthermore teh clarity of answers to the counter questions equally contributes in judging a teacher.If teacher's response to the questions is not well received by the students then it will end up in discussion but that would not necessarily mean that the teacher is good. This may go against the teacher as well.

Some might argue that the discussion between the teacher and students intslef explains that student is understanding the topic well.Such people need to be reminded that teacher can also be at fault. What if techer is wrong and students are correcting him. In such cases teachers attitude in accepting the mistake is also important.

To summarize, the teachers, who play a pivotal role in society , can better the results by having healthy discussion but this cannot be a sole reason to guage a teacher's efficiency.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

Re: Plz rate my essays - 2

by beny » Wed Aug 01, 2007 7:24 pm
1. The first sentence of your essay already has countless idiomatic errors - haven't you been studying SC?!
2. You treat this "Analysis of an Issue" essay like an "Analysis of an Argument"... read the directions!

I don't think I can really rate this essay, since your content is so off-track. For the issue, you're supposed to take a side and defend it. Instead, you seem to be more interested in critiquing the statement.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by hopefully » Wed Aug 01, 2007 10:24 pm
Thanks a lot guys..