Help!! Urgent

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help!! Urgent

by madfame » Sat Jun 27, 2009 1:23 pm
Hey guys I just gave the gmat.
And an error occured at the end while reporting scores. Hence, the test administrator said that most probably i'll have to re schedule my gmat which I'll be notified after 21 days.

Now the problem is that, I have to apply before 1st july to hbs 2+2 and as due to technical errors my score was not legal it will not be consider!! Now wat to do??? Also I cant reappear before 31days..

Need suggestions to this problem.. Its urgent..

Thanks..

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by yoon1que1 » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:11 pm
deleted
Last edited by yoon1que1 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:770

by tkherrmann » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:24 pm
This is a tough situation.

Did you tell them you have an application deadline on July 1st? Was their response the "31 days thing"? I would call someone at GMAC and talk to an actual person.

If nothing works out, I would call MBA Admissions at Harvard. Tell them what happened, ask if you can submit your application without scores -- maybe even get an official statement from GMAC sent to Harvard people so they know you aren't making stuff up. I'm pretty sure for 2+2 they don't decide on interviews until late July/early August. If you can take the test on July 27th, you can send them scores them. From what I've heard, the GMAT is more of a threshold thing: if you're above a certain number, good, and a very high score only helps candidates slightly, if at all.

Are there any testing locations you can get to before the Wednesday deadline? If you think it's worth it, a long drive might not be a bad idea. Of course, there are lots of things to consider.

Hope this helps!
Tim

by madfame » Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:21 am
Its weekend time so no 1 will pick up the call !!!
Neither GMAC nor HBS !!!
Have to call em up tomo..
Hope it works out...
thanks for help.. :-|

by AceofSpades » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:54 am
I'm really sorry to hear about your experience.

I think you should get in touch with HBS Adcom first thing Monday morning. Also, I'd suggest you speak to GMAC about allowing you to take the test before 21 days. Given that the error was the testing center's fault, they should allow you to reschedule immediately.