I am Done Son!!! 720 - 48Q 41V

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

I am Done Son!!! 720 - 48Q 41V

by envyk10 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:43 am
Hi People,
I just finished my GMAT and scored a 720 - 95 percentile (Q 48 - 85 % / V-41 - 93 %) . I am happy with the score though I was a tad disappointed with my Verbal score as I had scored a 44 & a 45 on the practice tests (repeats). However, as many wise men and women before me have said...as long as the 1st digit of the score is a 7 ...do not sweat it....and I plan on taking that piece of advise seriously. Moreover, the high verbal scores on repeated tests so I am sure they were inflated.

I am amazed by how accurate the Pearson's GMAT Prep practice tests can be. I had the exact same score and break up when I took the 1st iteration of the second practice test 2 weeks ago.

The test experience was great. No major hiccups on the Essays and Quant section except that I had to guess on the last question on Quant because I ran out of time. In fact, at one point the math seemed too easy and I was worried about whether I was royally screwing it up.

Verbal, however, surprised me. The RC passages were three times longer than the ones I saw on the practice tests. CR was definitely more complicated. I had no issues on SC. I was happy that I was finding questions difficult and that was another reason I thought I should have done better than 41.

Thanks to Eric for this great forum. The experiences shared by everyone were a source of great motivation and helped me plan and execute my prep systematically and stay focused throughout the past two months.

My best wishes to everyone else preparing for the test. If I had to give a single piece of advice, I would say it in one word .... Confidence. Just believe in yourself and it will be done.

Cheers

Nikhil