410 to 570 - Advise solicited!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

410 to 570 - Advise solicited!

by pnanu » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:01 am
Hello Everybody,

In 2005 I sat for the GMAT and got a 410! Albeit I was on a tough project and didnt have any time to study, infact got back from work at 5 am, couple of hours of sleep and straight went for the exam.

After 410 score I didnt have any confidence and didnt appear for a GMAT until last week. This time around I must have studied for 30 hours over a month and even appeared for some Prep tests. The test went quite OK, I was unable to complete the last Maths question in time (I know thats stupid and criminal). Having thought that i buggered up my Maths Test, my interest for English was a bit low. I even thought about cancelling the score, but, sense prevailed ( I guess!)

I got a score of 570 (Maths 38, English 28). I was quite stunned. As I was expecting something much lower than that.

Now I dont know what I should do - Should I sit for the exam again? If I do, how quickly should i take it? What is my chance with a 570 score, what colleges can I get in. I am looking at a one year MBA.

I have a good profile - 27, Leadership position with a Indian arm of FTSE 100 company. Work experience across Americas and Europe.

All your help is much appreciated!

Also, How many points do you guys reckon I must have lost by not answering the last question?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by mike22629 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:30 am
Ask the admissions consultants. They will tell you exactly what you need to know.