Let's call it a draw: Advice wanted

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Let's call it a draw: Advice wanted

by NathaninLA » Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:49 pm
I am a very positive person so I will not say that it got me but will say that we got each other.

Just took the test today and got 550 which is in the 51% percentile. Scores were evenly distributed.

I took the manhattan class but i don't think i approached it quite properly. I did the problems for the sake of doing them but maybe did not understand the fundamentals as well as I should have.

In my situation, I can get into a program if I get 650 and I have to do it in 31 days.

how would you do it? Any suggestions for a study plan for the next 30 days will be kindly appreciated.

Thank You.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by mike22629 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:32 pm
I would do as many OG problems as possible. Go through every single question and disect all the answer choices. As far as practice tests, do the GMAT Prep as many times as possible.

Good Luck!

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:25 am
Nathan,

I absolutely admire your positive mentality especially when you see a lot of people disappointed with their 700 score!!!

As for the next time, I would say do more than just solve problems. As you yourself said you just did that just for the heck of it. This time around try to focus on the problems. And then spend a significant amount of time to review them, understanding why you got a question right or wrong. If you picked the wrong answer, try to analyze what made you pick this choice instead of the one that the book says is right. Doing this constantly will definitely help you to Spot you misdirection and lead your to the right path.

Also take the GMATPrep test more than once. once you are done the two tests, re-do it again. Its a great practice and dont forget to review and analyze.

Good luck.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish