EZ Solutions reviews?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

EZ Solutions reviews?

by hbMailingList » Mon May 11, 2009 8:01 pm
Hello,

I've gone through the MGMAT math books, I found them to be a great source for content. I was wondering has anyone tried the EZ Solution math books. If so what your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Tue May 12, 2009 6:57 am
I have. And i wished i had bought them when i first prepared for the GMAT. I did not buy all the books - couldn't afford all of them, but bought 2 of them used. I bought their Advanced Math workbook and their math strategy guide. You can buy them used for real cheap prices online.

The Advanced Math workbook is very useful if you are already a 650+ level scorer. If you have solid foundation in math, then i would highly recommend this book. Well like someone rightly said in his review "After doing the problems in this book, OG11 was a walk in the park". It consists of really tough problems and if you are aiming for something above 700 then you should expect some tough questions in GMAT.

The math strategy guide is really popular for its excellent DS strategy. The book would also give you some nice time saving tricks and shortcuts to solve problems.

Although i haven't tried their other books these two are proving to be a valuable asset to my prep.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by hbMailingList » Thu May 14, 2009 7:49 pm
Thanks hk!

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 pm
Thanks hk!

btw, reviews go to lounge :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by SusanWhite » Sat May 16, 2009 8:06 pm
I have been previously accused of having a biased opinion about the EZ books, but, i'd still say they are the most comprehensive ones available!

For anyone scoring less than 650 or is not confident about the math content, should not use the advanced workbook before going through the other books in the series or you may be discouraged.