MBA [pref Marketing] in Europe

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

MBA [pref Marketing] in Europe

by Shobanbabu » Tue Sep 05, 2006 6:47 am
I did check on the Europe top 20 list on the other thread...any idea about Warwick and Manchester in particular...how difficult to get in....job prospects after MBA...I found this at Warwick web-site....

"Over 90% of our 2002-3 full-time Warwick MBAs were employed three months after graduation "

was it that bad in 2003...I expect people to have multiple offers for a TOP B-School in UK...

Let me know ur thoughts....

Thankx
Shobanbabu

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:11 pm
...its sad to agree with you.

will do more research on that. :|

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by cooldude » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:04 am
true actually everyone expects top bschool guy to have multiple offers

and in fact they do have but i have read somewhere that people from top bschool donn accept an pffer until they found their favourite one i mean they donn select the offer as the best choice but as per their career goals thats y it takes a bit longer
and thats y bschool generally gives data relating to next three months after graduation
plz correct me if i m wrong :?:
i m not as experienced as u guys :idea:

Legendary Member

oh ya

by aim-wsc » Sun Sep 10, 2006 1:28 am
thanks cooldude.
wise point.:)
you supported.

ya, you have a point there. 8)

and now that you raised this point i would like to go further and make this a discussion thread....

what dyo think>?

Everybody welcome.

i read on b-schools websites...or any other related sites the range of sal students get post-MBA.
and that i believe one of the most significant factor to choose the school right....

for example (random no.s btw) Last year Wharton's sal range form $10 000 to $ 160 000 excluding bonus.

when i saw that lower end !yeack! :roll:

people are already earning that much i suppose.( in fact more than that) so why two years of grrrrrrrrrrreat eduaction ?? waste of tuition fees?? :shock:
i wonder who accepted such offer?

but then there s some NGO not for porfit interested people they usually take up such low sal jobs.

but if they really want good eduaction, & thats why they join such a great college they how would they justify the fees.

these top gun colleges (or what they call them elite / ultra elite /whatever)
have at least ~40 000 $ per year fees ( just tuition fees btw)

if you add everything up rest of expense it would cross$ 130 000. for two years...
so tell me is it feasible???

or do they get heavy scholarship?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by cooldude » Sun Sep 10, 2006 8:38 am
man may be someone from somalia studied there on scholarship or some one who is really determined to wrok not formoney studied there and then later decided notto wrk for lehmean brothers or mckinsey but to go to some poor country like somalia or may be remote parts of india .
some people donn live for money
:idea:
or may be some wld start his own busineess in a low per capita country
thr r a alot of type of work in this wrld other than those consultacy and investment bankings!!!!!!may be thats y some salaries r less!!!???
wat u say guys?

however on financial top 100 list i found some bschools whose salary given as say 90-100 thousand and on business week i found and ven on college sites itself that its around 60-70 thousand !!!!
so wat r financial times salary upto?

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:23 am
i am reading many rumours lately

:evil:
& I am tempted to spread some from my side :twisted:

hey dont say that....
not just Somalia man add India in the list also. :D

people from third world if wish to go back to their country get tutiion waiver 8) :o now research on it buddy

if its not now, it will be made available by 2009fall admit.
:twisted: :twisted:
rumours btw