How smooth is the transition from Trader to Investor?

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Could anyone please tell me whether transition from Sales and Trading to being an Investor is smooth?

What can the longer term career in Sales and Trading be?

Thank You

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Paxton Helms - Kaplan » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:28 am
What you do mean when you say "investor"? Do you mean an I-banker? A research guy?

What I have observed over the years is that sales and trading guys can go anywhere but often like staying "close to the action." A pure research role may not be a good fit.

Good Luck--

Paxton
Keep me in the loop about your thinking and let me know if you have any more questions.

Paxton

Paxton Helms is an MBA admissions consultant for Kaplan Admissions Consulting. He earned his MBA from UCLA and specializes in helping clients that are applying to top twenty and "reach" programs. He can be reached directly at [email protected].

To begin working with Paxton immediately, follow this link and request him specifically: https://www.kaptest.com/GMAT/Admissions- ... lting.html

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by gmat_2010 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:01 am
Thank You for your response, Paxton. By Investor, I meant an Investor in I-Banking, with long term prospects in investing in companies or assets with good fundamentals, etc. Do you think, I can convince the Adcom easily on this transition in the longer term? In the shorter term, I will focus my career on Sales and Trading.

Thanks,