Are Manhattan Review and Manhattan GMAT same?

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:700

Are Manhattan Review and Manhattan GMAT same?

by jsang » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:02 pm
Hi

Please tell me if Manhattan Review and Manhattan GMAT are same or different companies. I read a lot of good things about MGMAT study material and bought a GMAT study guide from Manahattan Review thinking they are the same companies.

Thanks

Followed by:2 members

by BrieTruesdell » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:22 am
Hi jsang-

No, ManhattanGMAT and Manhattan Review are in no way the same company. I'm sorry for the confusion and you're unfortunately not the first person that this has happened to. At ManhattanGMAT, we produce and publish an 8 book Strategy Series. These can be purchased both on our website or on Amazon.

Sorry again for the confusion! Let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Best,
Brie Truesdell
Marketing & Student Services Associate
ManhattanGMAT
800-576-4628

I wish I had known this earlier

by hiojay » Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:08 pm
I am really depressed at the moment.

I just accidentally signed up for the 9 week online course for the Manhattan Review thinking that it was MGMAT. It was really expensive too $975. It's only when I got the Turbocharge your GMAT series that I realised that it was not the same company. I don't know what to do because this whole time I thought it was MGMAT. I had to fork out a lot of money too because I live in Australia and the conversion rate isn't so good.

I'm going to ask for a refund, but I've already attended two of their sessions. I don't know what to do now. Any help would be appreciated.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:24 am
Hi hiojay,

I'm sorry to hear that this happened. Unfortunately, this does happen occasionally, as Manhattan Review competitively advertises on our keywords on Google, fueling confusion over our two companies.

You should without a doubt ask for a refund, especially if they pretended they were our company. It's certainly not unreasonable to to do so, and we've heard of successful stories of this happening before.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628