Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by raghu_g_p » Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:14 am
Hi Stacy,

Here are the details of my profile:
- GPA, major, school
I have completed Bachelors of Engineering in Computer Science in 2002 from a top college in my state. I have secured a distinction with 73% as the average. The score of topper of our class was around 83%. I have no clue how convert to GPA.
10th and 12th:
I had secured 85% in 10th class.
I had secured 80% overall in 12th class and 91% in science.

- GMAT with breakdown
620(Q44, v32) . I have tried retaking the exam with no luck. I strongly feel retake will not help me.

- resume highlights, including company name, job titles and promotions
I work for Infosys tech Limited in India. I have been assiciated with the company for 6.5 years. I started as a software engineer and got promoted to Programmer analyst(similar to a module lead) in 2006 Feb. I am currently playing the role of a Project Leader. Infosys is the only company I have worked for.
I have close to 28 months of international work experiance.

- extracurricular involvements
I am doing social service for sometime. Some of the acitivties I do is teach kids(math, english, science), raise money for education and set up computer labs for schools with low income.

- awards, patents, publications, etc...
I have got MVP in my company.

- interesting personal facts - countries lived in, challenges faced, unusual interests
I have lived in US for about 2 years and about 7 month in Norway.

I am looking for a 1 yr fulltime MBA course. Can you please let me how does my profile look and kind of colleges that I should be looking at. Thanks in advance.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:148 members

by Lisa Anderson » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:41 pm
Dear raghu_g_p,

You should be looking at schools with GMAT averages in the 600-650 range as reasonable options for you. If there is a school with a higher average that you believe to be a perfect fit, then you should consider applying there as well. However, with your profile being over-represented in the MBA applicant pool, you will need to make a compelling case for admission and submit great essays and recommendations. I encourage you to visit our sticky on school selection for additional tips on identifying programs.

Good luck,
Lisa
Lisa Anderson
Consultant
Stacy Blackman Consulting

Learn more about me