need advice

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

need advice

by blah8065 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:26 am
Hi everyone,
I need some help on great studying materials. I am really perturbed because I just took the Gmat and did horribly on it!!!!!

Now I have wait another year to re-apply to Anderson, and I would have been a shoe in if I got a lousily 640 on the test. I am a senior associate for a private equity firm with 5 years work experience and graduated with a 3.53 from UCLA ; and I also have great letters of recommendation.

I scored a dismissible 560 on the actual test! 560(22Q,46V) I can easily improve my verbal score because I didn't even practice the verbal section. My problem seems to the Quant section I need to know what are some good Quant review books out there. I just bought the Gmathacks math bible but I need more materials, because some parts are still confusing to me. Yes I suck at math I know..that is why I was a history major in College! :D

I re-scheduled my test for 6 months out so time isn't a issue for me, just need some good study materials. I want to score in the high 600's or low 700's.

I am also wondering what other cat exams other than Manhattan Gmat are out there that explain the answers that I get incorrect?

thanks
Adam
I hate the Gmat=0)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:750

by Z_I » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:34 am
Well Adam, ill recommend that you go through some debriefs in 'I beat the gmat' section. These will give you an idea of what are best sources available, what could be a good strategy and what can suit you best.

And yeah....dont hate the gMAT......you gotta take it as a challenge and like the preparation to really beat her at her game :)