HAVE TO SCORE 700+ PLS HELP.....

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

HAVE TO SCORE 700+ PLS HELP.....

by sandeepkamath » Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:01 pm
hi. i had thought of appearing for gmat last smmer i.e may 2008. and started seriously studing for the exam only in august. i started studing with the pearsons and kaplan review and the og 10 11 and completed it twice and also gave 4 cat exmas online with two from gmat prep.i had already booked a slot for 24 of november 2008 as the cut off date for my course was 30 november. i appeared for the exam on the 24. but scored 540, of which i scored very badly in the verbal section i think i got 45 percentile there.the cut off was 700 could not even get near that. got very much dejected and could not concentrate on anything for somtim. now slowly i have started studing again. i am planning to appear again by july. i guess last time the schedule was very tight. i wanted some guidance on the strategy for the preparation i can spare abt 4 hours a day. i work so have to somehow mak that time. pls guide me with the schedule for appearing for gmat in a more comfartable and confident manner.my resources are OG10,11, pearsons, kaplan 800, og verbal , kaplan review.

i have to score the magic number this time help needed. thanks...

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
GMAT Score:710

by mike22629 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:32 am
Get the Manhattan SC Guide, it is critical. The Manhattan Reading Comprehension and Critical Reasoning Guides are also helpful. However, as far as RC and CR, the best way to get better is simply through extensive practice. Be sure to check right and wrong answers, and explanations for every question you do, even the ones you get right. This is what all the experts say, and its true.

by sandeepkamath » Tue Apr 14, 2009 5:53 am
mike22629 wrote:Get the Manhattan SC Guide, it is critical. The Manhattan Reading Comprehension and Critical Reasoning Guides are also helpful. However, as far as RC and CR, the best way to get better is simply through extensive practice. Be sure to check right and wrong answers, and explanations for every question you do, even the ones you get right. This is what all the experts say, and its true.

THANKS. I THINK I HAVE A PDF FORMAT OF THE MANHATTAN SENTENCE CORRECTION . I WILL FOLLOW AS PER YOUR INSTRUCTION. THANKS ONCE AGAIN

by wonderland130 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:48 am
Please support Manhattan Gmat and purchase the book; you will want to do so to gain access to the 5 online CAT exams

by sandeepkamath » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:18 am
wonderland130 wrote:Please support Manhattan Gmat and purchase the book; you will want to do so to gain access to the 5 online CAT exams

HI THANKS FOR SUGGESTING IWILL DO THAT CAN YOU PLEASE LET ME KNWO THE COST OF IT AND WILL IT BE AVAILABLE IN INDIA.

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:46 am
Sandeep,

Many people whom i know have purchased this book in India. Please check all the major book stores. If not you could get it from amazon they ship worldwide..

It very useful to buy the book - this way you'll be able to access a set of 6 MGMAT Cat prep tests online - highly recommended btw..
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish