Business School Interaction

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
GMAT Score:760

Business School Interaction

by JohnnyG » Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:08 am
Hello everyone!

I wrote GMAT in January and realized that I was late for Fall 2009 applications. And early for Fall 2010. :)

I am a non-US resident but I am currently located in the US (for how long, I do not know!). Before I start applying for Fall 2010 (which I guess should be sometime in Sept-Oct), I thought I could utilize my time in US in visiting some B-Schools and exploring them.

So my question is: Are there any official programmes organized by any B-schools that help prospective students to understand the school before they apply. If yes, please suggest the schools and timelines so that I can make the most of my time here and share my experience with others.

For your reference, I am currently located in Cleveland, OH. As of now, I am not choosy about any particular school. So any suggestions are welcome. Let me know if you need any more details on my profile to make specific recommendations.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:24 pm
J -
I am not sure if I understood your questions - but if you are asking about researching schools - most top MBA programs have organized formal AND informal campus visits. During these visits, you are able to attend classes, meet with students, faculty, AdCom and get a good sense of the program.

In prep for your school research, I would STRONGLY advise you to check out an MBA Admissions book. Its a quick/inexpensive source for everything related to the MBA admissions process, including an overview of the top programs. My faves are books by "Top MBA Program" by Moutauk and "Your MBA Game Plan" by Shrom and Bouknight

Feel free to PM me yours stats, and would be happy to evaluate your profile.

Regards,

N
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep