Beat or beaten? 650 (Q42, V38)

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Beat or beaten? 650 (Q42, V38)

by elena09 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:27 am
Hi guys. I took the GMAT today and I am a bit dissapointed with my score, since I always scored higher than 700 on any preparation test.

I was puzzled with many of the Quant questions and ran out of time in the end - typical mistake, I know.. Verbal was better, I did not find it much harder than the prep tests, above the same level I would say. I have background from Social sciences, so no surprise with weaker Quant results. I just can not comprehend all these concepts under time pressure, even though I studied kind of hard during almost 4 months... Without clock ticking I can manage much better, but that's the whole point isn't it?

Anyway, maybe useful information for those of you who are planning to take GMAT in Sweden - the test center in Stockholm is closing down in a couple of weeks and there will not be any test-center in Sweden at all. So schedule your appointment now if you haven't done it yet.

Do you think I should be happy with my score? I am going to apply to the best B-School in Sweden but it is far from being the top 25 in the world. I have 4 years of work experience with a lot of international exposure and a decent GPA. I don't think I will retake the test, since it will mean retaking in max 2 weeks - no point I think...

And yes, thanks to this forum for mental support, it is so nice to know that you're not the only one struggling with GMAT. Good luck to all of you with your tests. My advise would be to focus on things that take you too much time, so you won't waste time on the real thing.

//Elena

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
GMAT Score:660(

by 4meonly » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:32 am
I think your score is sufficient for your local school.
However, you have a strong Verbal score and relatively low Quant. It will be better to give yourself additional 3 months and boost your quant. With 48Q and 38V you can get nearly 700