looking ahead - profile eval please

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

looking ahead - profile eval please

by canuck » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:02 am
Hi Veritas,

If any consultants out there could take a few moments to have a look, it'd be much appreciated!

UGPA: U. Waterloo (repeatedly #1 by Macleans, Canada), 2005, Sociology major, Management Minor, 73%, about a 3.0 US conversion

Grad school: Cranfield SoM (#2 Business School after LBS, Financial Times, UK), 2008, Strategic Marketing, 2:1, about a 3.5 US conversion

GMAT: to be taken, aiming for 700. Planning on Veritas course.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by canuck on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:53 pm
You're on the right track. Continue to seek out challenging assignments so that you can demonstrate professional growth and also continue to be involved in community/extracurricular activities. Right now, the average GMAT score is trending up for the schools on your list so it is a great idea to aim for a 700+. If you score well on the GMAT and spend the necessary time to create a strong application package, you should be a competitive candidate for your target programs. I would also recommend that you review the suggestions in Business Week's " Five Years to B-School" article https://www.businessweek.com/bschools/co ... 563066.htm
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by canuck » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:50 am
Hi Scott,

Thanks so much for your reply.

How do you think my undergrad gpa will be received? It's weak, but I'm hoping my MSc and (potentially awesome) GMAT score will negate that.

Also, I'd be 29 by matriculation. Is this a barrier? I'm assuming a year out of work to pursue an academic business degree could explain my relatively 'late' application?

I've read the BW article - very insightful and I think I'm on track in the middle years of their recommended agenda.

Thanks again

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:04 pm
If your GPA conversions are correct then you should be fine especially if you do well on the GMAT. Your age should not be a problem either. Your work and educational experience is strong and help to explain why you are applying at this time.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by canuck » Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:45 am
Hi Scott,

Thanks for the advice and I'll keep you posted as to how the course goes.

700+ right?

Thanks again