Is this the right application strategy?

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is this the right application strategy?

by sunil » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:37 am
Stacy,
If a candidate mentions in his 'why MBA in XXX institute' essay, that one of the reason he would like to join XXX MBA is XXX professor over there has a research interest in a particular field that is of interest to the candidate; will that make his application strong?

This is a common strategy for MS/PhD admissions because MS/PhD is more research oriented and students over the course are expected to work with the professors either as TA/RA or on their thesis/dissertation.

But, do you think specifying the above reason for MBA adimissions, would make adcom think that the candidate is more interested in research and should be applying for PhD instead?
What do you think would be the adcom views on the above???

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:10 pm
If this is a genuine interest that ties into your goals, it is certainly a valid reason for wanting to attend a certain school. I would not make that your only reason, but it could certainly be part of the story. Other reasons might be cultural fit, student body, alumni network, classes, programs, activities, location. There are many reasons and the more thorough and sincere your answer, the better.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me