Which materials to refer to for CR & RC

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Which materials to refer to for CR & RC

by amit.dhingra7 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 10:00 am
Hi,
I plan to take GMAT in a months time... and, as with others, verbal is the weakest part for me.

While going through various sites, I found that for the SC section, Manhattan is pretty good to start with and then I need to do few questions daily till the time I give the GMAT. I am through with Manhattan SC.

My question is that which material is the right one to refer to for the RC and CR Sections, taking into consideration that I am not so good at reading. (How are Manhattan RC & CR compared to that of Princeton. These are the two I can get hold of immediately)

On the other hand, I am through with the SC section of OG10, shall I start with SC section of the OG11 or keep it for the last week.

One out of the blue question.... where does ISB, Hyderabad stand in the B-School world rankings.

Cheers,
Amit
Not what you gather, but what you spread tells the kind of life you live. -H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by 800GMAT » Thu Jun 07, 2007 1:36 pm
First master OG11 for CR,RC AND SC

Use OG as a verbal text book because you need to understand how the test makers think.
Complete all verbal exercises thoroughly with explanations.
If you dont do the explanations, you may be at a major disadvantage of not understanding the reasoning, not identifying the pattern of wrong answers, so on and so forth

So, master OG11 verbal part thoroughly; you can also supplement this material with OG Verbal Review

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Thanks!!! CR Stratergy...

by amit.dhingra7 » Sun Jun 10, 2007 3:56 am
Thanks a lot for ur reply!!!

Further, I was looking at the Manhattan CR and Princeton CR, both have different ways to tackle to the problem.
Which is a more effective way? Is diagramming as mentioned in Manhattan time effective?

Cheers,
amit
Not what you gather, but what you spread tells the kind of life you live. -H.H. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar ji