Disappointed and in a Fix - 650 (Q47 V33) :(

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
When I started, Quant was my weak point, and my preparation culminated with Verbal taking that place in stead.
I took my GMAT today, and I'm either short of words or too exhausted if just i say that i am disappointed.

After I lot of practice, I manged to score consistently high in Quant (46-50). But despite knowing that I tend to score lower in verbal (35-40) and that my verbal scores fluctuate like crazy, I continued to practise Quant !!!
The result: an overall low score !!!

I was thinking to apply to LBS (for 1 year Masters in Finance programme), other 1 year MBA programs in UK.
However, LBS website reads that "a score above 650 will add weight to your application and a score above 700 will significantly improve your eligibility for the programme" and that the "average work experience for students in the Masters in Finance programme is 6 years"

My profile:
Education: B.com (bachelors of commerce), AICWA (masters in cost and management accountancy)
Work Experience: 3 years in Finance department
Moved to London a few months back. Spent initial few months looking a job. Finally got a one month contract with an energy company in London. Worked from Oct'08-Nov'08. Later got a final confirmation to join them in Jan'09. Planned to give the GMAT, so delayed the joining to Feb'09. Will have to start working in the same place, with a feeling that I screwed the whole thing!

I lack both in the average work ex and the required GMAT score
Now i am in a fix, whether i should retake GMAT, or apply to the b-schools with the score of 650 ?

Please feel free to offer your valuable suggestions.
Gearing up for the D-day.