I dont know what happened!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

I dont know what happened!!

by moneyman » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:43 am
Hello everybody,
I took the GMAT on the 31st of May and ended up getting a score of 450.After the last question when I was waiting for my score to pop-up I had the shock of my life because I knew I dint do that well but was expecting atleast a 500.The whole day I never spoke to anyone and was feeling really depressed.I practised for the GMAT for 4 months.I did self-study and my materials included OG-11,Kaplan,Princeton and Kaplan 800.Quants was never a big issue for me but probability and geometry were a pain.Verbal was totally unpredictible,sometimes I used to do really well and sometimes I sucked.My practice test scores are:-

PR-420,450,510 and 520
Kaplan-480 and 500
TestPrep-480,560 and 600.

I am broke and need serious help.I am planning to write again after 4 months.I have just got a Job as a Wealth Management Trainee in a well known bank here in India.I am planning to work and study for the GMAT at the same time.I will have probably 2 to 3 hours everyday to prepare.Pls help me with a strategy here so that I can atleast get a 600+ on my next attempt. :(

And ya,about my test center experience..It was not all that great because I had a very annoying girl sitting next to me who was constantly coughing and sneezing which made me a little angry and diverted my attention.PLs everybody,I need serious help..Help me ..Thanks
Maxx

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by prasant » Sun Jun 03, 2007 12:34 pm
dont be disheartened man. What was your breakdown ... Quant, Verbal?
2-3 hrs a day is a lot of time and you can improve pretty quickly with that. What do you think the biggest areas of improvement are for you?

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

well

by moneyman » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:55 am
Well..Quant is not a problem except for probability and geometry..Otherwise in verbal,RC is a pain because I am not able to adopt the right reading strategy..SC is sometimes a problem too because I listen to my ear a lot...I think I can improve on Quant by working out word problems and on verbal I really want to improve on RC..
Maxx