Profile evaluation

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:430

Profile evaluation

by Gringo » Sat Jan 31, 2009 4:43 pm
Dear Admission Consultant

I am 28 years old male from Denmark. I have a Bachelors degree in Business Administration (pathway: finance) from London with overall result of 2:1 (equivalent to 3.4 GPA). Furthermore, I have two years of work experience as finance assistant from a building society. I speak four languages fluently; Danish, Hindi/Urdu, English and German.

I am planning to study MS in Human Resource Management. How are my chances to get into a “not highly ranked” business school in New York City where the average required GMAT score is about 530. I got a GMAT score of 430 (Q31, V15, AWA 4.0) in my first attempt, my target score is 500. My biggest concern is that I have a psychiatric disability. Should I notify the school I am applying to about my disability? And as an International Student, will I have the same rights as domestic students for accommodation?

More importantly, because of my psychiatric disability my present GMAT score does not indicate my accurate academic skills. Can the GMAT be waived because of my disability?

Any help will be appreciated.

Legendary Member
Followed by:7 members

by Cindy Tokumitsu » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:20 am
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your profile. I believe the factors in your profile will make admission to an MBA program very challenging.

Some good Executive MBA programs no longer require the GMAT. While you are young for such programs, you might want to start looking at them and build up your experience to consider applying in a couple of years.

Cindy Tokumitsu
Senior Editor, Accepted.com
www.Accepted.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Please evaluate my profile

by carlg » Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:35 pm
Sorry, I replied when I wanted new message.