Need tips for the exam

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Need tips for the exam

by nisha13 » Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:09 pm
Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum and am planning to appear for my GMAT in the last month of March.

Will appreciate if you guys could give me some tips as I am setting a goal for 600+ and I have very little time for preparation.

Will it be enough if I go through the Official guide(yellow one), online GMAT prep software and Manhattan SC guide? Is it necessary to buy Official guide for Verbal and quant too?

Thanking in anticipation,
Nisha

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Wed Feb 11, 2009 5:57 pm
How much time do you have for your prep? If you have less than one month, I recommend that you check out this post, How to study for the GMAT in less than one month.

Simply going through the books may not be enough to get you to your target, it is critical that you design a smart study plan up front and tactically go through your practice problems. Lots of tips on this available on the GMAT Resources Directory. Pay special attention to the post on GMAT Practice GRID. This method really worked for me as I went through my practice problems.

Good luck, and don't hesitate to ask the community for help!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by nisha13 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:46 pm
Hi Eric,
Thanks a lot for the prompt reply. Your input to the test preparation is invaluable to me.

Regards,
Nisha

Re: Need tips for the exam

by [email protected] » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:30 am
nisha13 wrote:Hi,
I am a newbie to this forum and am planning to appear for my GMAT in the last month of March.

Will appreciate if you guys could give me some tips as I am setting a goal for 600+ and I have very little time for preparation.

Will it be enough if I go through the Official guide(yellow one), online GMAT prep software and Manhattan SC guide? Is it necessary to buy Official guide for Verbal and quant too?

Thanking in anticipation,
Nisha
Hi, The best way to prepare in less than one month is to follow the Official guide. In fact I had appeared for GMAT, I didnot do anything but only the OG (infact was not aware at all about other books) and could score 660. (not enough to get calls from premier B schools, so will appear again this year later)

One more suggestion is that plan for minimum 700.