Disappointed 670

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Disappointed 670

by harrays » Fri Jun 01, 2007 11:19 am
Stacey/Eric/others:
I just did my GMAT and got 670 (49 Q, 32 V). I am utterly disappointed. I am not sure what to do now.

I am not sure whether I could find time to study for GMAT again and improve score. So, I am thinking of applying for univs with this score only. Can I?

My undergrad GPA - 4.0, I have a masters in Electrical Engg with 4.0 GPA. I will have 4.5 years of experience by Fall 2008. I can have two very good recommendation letters. Are there any top universities which concentrate less on GMAT?

Is this a decent score to appy to top universities such as MIT, Kellogg etc.?

Please tell me what to do next.

Hareesh

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: Disappointed 670

by beatthegmat » Fri Jun 01, 2007 3:50 pm
harrays wrote:Stacey/Eric/others:
I just did my GMAT and got 670 (49 Q, 32 V). I am utterly disappointed. I am not sure what to do now.

I am not sure whether I could find time to study for GMAT again and improve score. So, I am thinking of applying for univs with this score only. Can I?

My undergrad GPA - 4.0, I have a masters in Electrical Engg with 4.0 GPA. I will have 4.5 years of experience by Fall 2008. I can have two very good recommendation letters. Are there any top universities which concentrate less on GMAT?

Is this a decent score to appy to top universities such as MIT, Kellogg etc.?

Please tell me what to do next.

Hareesh
A 670 is still a great score--and given your GPA, I think you would still be competitive with the schools you listed. I would pose your profile info to Stacy Blackman and ask her opinion, since she's the expert.

To give you some hope--my sister got a similar GMAT score as you did and went to kellogg.

Best of luck!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school