Don't take the GMAT when you're sick

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:55 members
GMAT Score:760

Don't take the GMAT when you're sick

by myohmy » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:27 am
It's too bad Pearson doesn't give you rescheduling options (realistic ones) less than 7 days out. I'm sick but I had no real choice unless I wanted to throw away 250 bucks.

620. 40Q, 35V. I got a 700 and 710 on GMATPrep and in the high six hundreds for all my PR CATs. The only thing lower than this score was original diagnostic (and it would be difficult to get much lower than that).

I didn't feel that bad throughout the test except I was sneezing and coughing a lot and I felt like it was too easy (DANGEROUS on a CAT). Go figure, it WAS, and I royally screwed up.

I don't know how this happened.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by blitz28 » Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:23 am
Hey Myohmy,

I am shocked at your score, I was reading your post the other day on the GMAT strategy section "breaking the 700 barrier".I found your post and the followups very useful personally

I was very sure, that will end up scoring close to, or even higher than the 7 dream!. I am sure your health played devil.

Are you planning to take it again? I think you must, you will surely kill GMAT the next time.

Do let us know on your next strategy and plans.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by frizo » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:10 am
I can reflect wit ur situation. I was also kinda sick tat day. May be it was the GMAT sickness.. U know.. that unnecessary tension tat builds up makes u sick. I believe 1s u have it, it wont come again. So don't worry. Next time, GMAT ll b sick of u. :). May b u had to give tis GMAT once to let out all ur unwanted stress. Luk @ it tat way.