Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by hitmewithgmat » Tue Feb 03, 2009 4:12 am
Hi,I got 570 today and I am very depressed... :cry:

for Quant, I used to get 49 but I got 42. i have no idea for this disaster. I think I can work on it by myself, so less concern about quant section. I just need to pay more attention..

for Verbal, oh my god, I was flabbergasted when I saw the score 25. 25!!! I could not belive my eyes.

this is the study strategy I had so far. but I think I have to change.

for SC, I thought it was my strongest part since I can get them right from OG verbal part. However, when I solved the problems during the test, I was vague and confused and it seems harder than OG SC section. I utilize Manttangmat SC book. Please advise me for this matter.

for CR, wow, I don't know. I solved all the problems from OG 11th and Verbal Review and every book on the market but again, during the test, some of them made me confused. what strategy I shall need to adopt? Please advise.

for RC, I got improved since I jotted down and paraphrased. it was not that hard but doable for me. However, I need an advice.

so, I really want to improve my verbal score from 25 to at least 40. Please advise what I need to do.

I personally think I focus on "solving the problems", not " analyzing the problems". so I need to work on that too.

I utilized lots of GMAT Prep and Manhattan gmat online sessions, so even if I got 720 or higher, it probably won't work out. what should I do???

I love to fresh start when I get the advice from you.

Thank you for reading this and I look forward to receiving a reply.

cheers. :cry: :cry:

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by slicknstylish » Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:42 pm
I think you are fairly serious and don't see many problems with your language either. It is probably an one-off bad experience. Don't get depressed and try taking more tests. Once you start scoring consistently, you can apply for GMAT again. You are using the right materials, I guess and there is no need to change the strategy.

feeback

by hitmewithgmat » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:26 pm
thank you for the feedback. I started hitting the book again, it's painful but I will never give up. thanks.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:460

don´t give up...

by robzoc » Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:51 am
look the numbers... you got a 570.. it´s just that the numbers are misplaced...

Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:670

by Vitalina » Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:36 pm
don't give up! maybe you had a bad day or something. give it another month of preparation and go for it again

thank you

by hitmewithgmat » Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:41 pm
thank you all, I appreciate it.
I will def. try another time and be a class 2011!!