quality of work experience !!!

Launched September 22, 2008
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

quality of work experience !!!

by kishlayamisra » Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:27 am
dear ,

i am an software engineer working with Cognizant , till date have an experience of 26 months in IT field . i wish to do an MBA from a good college of North America (USA/Canada) . currently working as a module lead coordinating with 2 more team members. its a million dollar project.
have won appreciation in the previous projects. core organizing member of Leadership and Communication skill workshops here in my company. organizing member of a group that undertakes Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives. I am Electrical Engineer from India securing 72% and in the top 5% of my batch which was of strength 60. Have done Post Graduate Diploma in Embedded Systems Design from Govt. of India IT research division securing 87.5% amongst the top 2 % of the batch of strength 60. in high school secured 88% amongst top 10% , and in 12th standard secured 83% again in the top 10%.on weekends spend my time with kids of an orphanage teaching them maths.

i will be appearing for GMAT in March , as per practice test scores the range in final can be from 600 - 700 .

i am in a dilemma i have just given an interview for a fellowship , it is for Teach for India . Teach for India (www.teachforindia.org) is based on the lines of Teach for America , it is a 2 year full time fellowship. it is based on same rationale of Teaching is Leadership.As i have seen on the sites of MBA colleges they look for applicants who have a good leadership record, good academics and good on the community front. my dilemma is if selected should i go for this fellowship and henceforth pursue my MBA in fall 2011 or should continue with my job and pursue MBA in fall of 2010.

have demonstrated motivational skills in my org. in form of organizing a global warming campaign named SAVE ENERGY SAVE EARTH , motivated almost 2500 to save energy and the importance of an indiviual contribution in the cause of global warming.have shown innovatives in form of automations of processess saving time and money.

recommendations from my current and previous supervisors , recos shall be good from them..i think the TFI fellowship will present real time obstacles and solving them you add another dimension in my leadership quality.

i wish to do my MBA in consulting or in general management domain

which profile , working as an IT engineer with an experience of 44 months , or a IT engineer with 30 months + a Fellow with 24 months of experience , would be of more weightage to get through in a good MBA college.

thanks in advance for your co-operation !!

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:2 members

by Eliot » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:56 am
kishlayamisra,

Thanks for your note. I suggest that you take the fellowship (Teach for India) because this will be a great way to distinguish your candidacy from the many other Indian IT engineers who apply to the top MBA programs.

Ideally your career goals will continue to build on your service theme.

Sincerely,

Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit LLC
Eliot Ingram
Clear Admit, LLC
[email protected]
215 568 2590

Stay Informed with Clear Admit!
Read our Blog for daily MBA admissions tips and updates.
Follow us on Twitter for breaking b-school news.
Download our Publications on MBA programs and admissions strategy.
Visit our MBA Admissions Wiki to read and share application insights.

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

thanks

by kishlayamisra » Tue Feb 03, 2009 5:39 am
thanks Eliot for your time and guidance..