Manhattan GMAT or Kaplan GMAT??? Please advice!!!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello all,

Please kindly advice if I should enroll in Manhattan GMAT classroom course or Kaplan's.

I live in San Diego. Manhattan's nearest location to me is Irvine which is about one and half more drive. Kaplan's location is great in my area. However, I heard so much good things about Manhattan's instructors.

Is it worth for me to travel the extra miles every Monday for two months???? Please help!!! Great thanks in advance. I wish I have found you guys early.

Rosemary

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by cookiemonster26 » Wed Jan 28, 2009 10:22 pm
I find the Manhattan maths guides to be more concise and they have more quick solving techniques. I also had the opputunity of attending one free lecture from either place and found the manhattan one to be more informational. however, please note that this is only for the quant portion.

With regards to the verbal portion i find that both are equally informative however the qs tend to be more difficult in the kaplan than the manhattan gmat which is obviously better since it will prepare you for the hard questions.

the manhattan gmat CAT exams also has this neat feature that show that mistakes you have made and categorizes them(for example rate or ratio etc).

i guess at the end of the day, in my opinion, its boils what area you think you are weaker at, quant or verbal, and then enroll in tha course that will suit you better.

All the best....