Rewrite?

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Rewrite?

by wheels » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:21 pm
Sigh. I first visited this site a month and a half ago, and received great advice from various members. Feeling good this morning, I made my first attempt at the GMAT and scored a 670. I'd love to hear from the community again regarding what my plan of action should be. My profile is as follows:

GMAT Score: 670 (43Q, 39V)
GPA: 3.9 (I'm not exactly sure if I've converted it properly, but I basically have an 85 average, Commerce Program at a Canadian University). What's strange is that my highest marks are quant-heavy courses such as Accounting, Finance, Financial Markets, etc.
Work Experience: I'm currently in my last year of undergrad and have one semester left. I'm hoping to work full-time at a top investment bank once school ends (but who knows if the job will still be there by the time I'm done school).

Assuming the contract isn't voided and I apply to b-school after two years at this investment bank, what are my chances for getting with my current GMAT score? Should I rewrite the test soon, or should I simply wait until I start work?

As always, the advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by wheels » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:24 pm
Sorry, forgot to mention that the b-schools I am hoping to get into are institutions such as Stanford, Wharton, Harvard, etc. As my undergrad degree is a BComm in Canada, I would benefit the most if I did my MBA outside of Canada.