Planning/scheduling for GMAT Prep...Any Advice Welcome!

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hello all. I'm just beginning my GMAT expedition and am trying to get a good grasp on scheduling/timing of studying and taking the test. I think I need reassurance more than anything.

I'm currently a Junior in undergrad just beginning my second semester. I'm planning buying some books and begin studying on February 1st. I'm thinking about taking the GMAT on April 25th. Does this sound like a doable schedule? I'm planning on just buying the "Official Guide" books and utilizing a bunch of flash cards I found on this site and others.

Any advice anyone could give me in terms of studying, scheduling, book choices/recommendations, hours per week of studying or anything generally would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:23 pm
https://www.beatthegmat.com/resources.html

Check that page out for resources, info, and books to buy. Also check out my blog for a view of my journey through GMAT. Keep in mind most schools require a significant amount of work experience so in my mind, taking the GMAT now is not the right time for you unless you plan on applying only to the very few schools that accept people just finishing their undergrad degrees.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by Borgulous » Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:15 am
Thanks mayonnai5e,

I am applying to schools directly after undergrad. So far I'm looking at Stanford, Yale and Vanderbilt. I know those are three schools that are friendlier to undergrads. Do you know of any other top-30 schools that are in the same category?