Beat the GMAT with a 720

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Beat the GMAT with a 720

by HappilyConfused » Fri May 18, 2007 1:59 am
Took the GMAT yesterday and received a score of 720. I can't complain although I longingly think how a few more correct quant answers would improved my score.

Q - 45 - 78th Percentile
V - 42 - 95th Percentile
T - 720 - 96th Percentile

My studying was off and on over the course of a couple of months and my primary study tools were the Kaplan Premier book and the Princeton Review Cracking the GMAT book.

My practice scores were all over the place but usually much lower in the book -based tests.

My GMATPrep scores were 740, 710, and 750 (I retook the second test because an error left me unable to review the questions).

One interesting note is that my Q score in the GMATPrep and GMAT continued to decrease - from 49 to 48 to 46 to 45.

I have a quant heavy background so I'm hoping that the low percentile Q score won't make much of a difference to top schools.

The best advice I can offer is to not only expose yourself to as many questions as possible, but also to review questions that you missed over and over again until they come naturally. This was based on https://gmatdaily.wordpress.com/2006/08/ ... -problems/ which I found to be very effective.

I found this site relatively late in my studying, but hopefully others can use it more effectively.

Best of luck to everyone.

-Happily

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by rajesh_ctm » Fri May 18, 2007 5:24 am
Congrats! That's a nice score...