Listing schools to send your scores to

This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

Listing schools to send your scores to

by albyman32 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:05 pm
Taking the GMAT on Wed. Just had a quick question. On test day, when you enter the schools you want to send your scores to, does the exam have the schools listed by name or do you need to have some sort of school code. Also, I'm applying next fall, not this year. Should I wait until I actually apply to send my scores in so it doesn't get lost in this years applicant scores?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by agraju84 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:50 pm
The exam has the schools listed by name buddy. There is no need to remember the school codes. You will be able to browse the system for the right codes. Hope this helps.

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:740

by albyman32 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:36 am
Thanks for the reply. Can anyone help answer my second question about when to send in the score?

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:2 members

by Jen Kedro » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:18 am
It's free to send your scores to up to 5 schools when you take the exam, so there's not much to lose by doing so. It's $28/school to send the reports later on. And even if worse case scenario, you re-take, the schools will see your past 3 scores, and generally they take your highest score. Most schools keep scores on file for at least a year, and if unsure, when it comes time to apply, you can always contact the admissions office to confirm whether they have your report on file already.
Jen Kedrowski
Kaplan Test Prep & Admissions
GMAT Teacher
MBA Admissions Consultant
National Product Team Member